Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cayuga Country

When the man likes Starbucks, and the woman likes Dunkin' Donuts, can true happiness be found? 

The answer is:  I think so.  At least, this morning's adventure says yes.  Pete got his Starbucks and Cheryl got her Dunkin's and we headed off for an early morning visit to Cornell's Plantations for a tour of the arboretum. While there, we ran in to a distant relative:

I wasn't kidding when I said "distant."

Later, we visited the overlook at Taughannock Falls.  I don't remember ever seeing anything like this in the 100 Acres Woods!


If you can't see the waterfall in the background, think Niagara Falls....at a trickle.



Next on the itinerary:  Cayuga Lake's Winery Tour!   We visited a couple of establishments, and then headed to a lakeside restaurant for lunch.   By that time, I considered myself a wine expert, but I think earlier wine tasting may have influenced my opinion:

I think I may have had a few too many sips because...


         ...I had a little headache before our lunch was through!











Before I knew it, I was riding shotgun with my ears flappin' in the breeze.  Heeeee Hawwwww!



Tomorrow we hit the road again....headed north.  From what I hear, I'll have the whole day to recover!


No comments:

Post a Comment